Top 5 Rainy Day Activities For Children
How often do you hear the words “I’m bored…” followed by a lot of incoherent gibberish because it’s raining? Well, no more because I’m going to arm you with 5 activities that keep my own children entertained for hours on end!
- Make Play Dough for them, never with them. Smaller kids just don’t have the required patience to wait for it to cool down. There are some great instructional videos on YouTube but this is my favourite:-
- Egg Painting is another great one that you can organise the night before. When the kiddies go to bed, stick some eggs in a pot of boiling water (and some vinegar) and leave them for 10-15 minutes, take off the heat and put the eggs in cold water for a couple of minutes and leave them draining overnight, and they’ll be ready for painting straight after breakfast!
- Card Games; a multitude of card games you can play, my 5 year old’s favourite is Uno but we’ve also taught her Switch but the rules we play by aren’t listed as a variation on Wikipedia. ((Switch on Wikipedia))
- Cardboard Boxes! Do you remember playing in cardboard boxes? It’s not because you didn’t have a PS3 or an iPad, it’s because it was fun and it still is. In the past 6 months I have found each of my children playing with at least 1 cardboard box, even my cats love them.
- Wellington Boots; when all else fails embrace the rain and jump in a puddle!